· search resumes
· submit a job
· modify a job
· delete a job
· useful tips
For Job Seekers
· search jobs
· submit a resume
· modify a resume
· delete a resume
· useful tips
· free magazines
· c++ jobs
· java jobs
· testing jobs
· financial jobs
· management jobs
Get Noticed Fast!
· your logo
· banner ads
· contact us
· your privacy
Home » Search Jobs » Job Details
Yatika , SHIFT MANAGER
600 Grant St,
|SHIFT MANAGER II - OPERATIONS– Fairless Hills, PA (10574BR)
United States Steel Corporation is looking for a Shift Manager Operations, responsible for utilizing a hands-on approach to effectively deal with technical and non-technical issues related to production by recognizing potential problems and making critical decisions with little input from other managers. In addition, this role will be directing the safe, efficient and economical operation of the facility, and coordinating activities of workers engaged in overseeing the operation.
• Administer the U. S. Steel safety program to ensure a safe work environment, including proper housekeeping.
• Coordinates, organizes, and directs activities of the operating crew. Supervises union employees and works closely with vendors and contractors.
• Monitors all steps of the operation to ensure Standard Quality and Operating Practices and guidelines are being followed.
• Reduce unit downtime and improve performance of facility equipment.
• Plan and directs production activities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
• Implementation of the production plan by coordinating material movement and equipment operation to meet customer specifications – including quality and delivery requirements.
• Assist workers in diagnosing malfunction in machinery and equipment.
• Devise and implement cost saving strategies.
• Perform administrative activities such as scheduling crews, completing production reports, conducting safety conversations, and complying other reporting as necessary.
• High school diploma or GED required. Preferred candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business Management, Industrial Technology or similar degree program or equivalent years of demonstrated knowledge in large industrial or maintenance/operation environment.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience supervising crews in a manufacturing or industrial environment - preferred candidate will have experience supervising unionized employees
• Working rotating shifts which will include extended workdays, weekends, and holidays.
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
Email Job to Yourself or Refer This Job »
Contact Company »