· search resumes
· submit a job
· modify a job
· delete a job
· useful tips
For Job Seekers
· search jobs
· submit a resume
· modify a resume
· delete a resume
· useful tips
· free magazines
· c++ jobs
· java jobs
· testing jobs
· financial jobs
· management jobs
Get Noticed Fast!
· your logo
· banner ads
· contact us
· your privacy
Home » Search Jobs » Job Details
Shannon, Test Engineer
|I’m Shannon with TekMasters and I have a Performance Engineer permanent position with my client in Washington D.C. I’ve attached the job description for your review. Please give me a call at 703-349-5698 or email me your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
The Performance Engineer will focus on ensuring high levels of application performance and increase the overall quality of our products. This position requires an individual who is technically savvy with thin client web technologies and has exceptional analysis skills. Strong knowledge of automation and performance analysis tools is needed to help gather and analyze data in order to make meaningful recommendations for improving performance and stability while increasing overall quality. You will work with and coordinate with all members of the technology and business teams in order to understand performance requirements and resolve any performance issues.
• Design and develop test automation to assess overall performance of an application. Assessment can include production simulation/load and profiling the system, database, and network areas.
• Prepare test data and conducts test execution.
• Document test procedures, analysis and results of automated tests.
• Analyze and assesses performance of server and client side applications.
• Identify performance issues and areas of risk.
• Work with the technology team to find solutions that improve performance, increase quality, and lower risk.
• Create baseline statistics for server and client applications.
• Monitor server and client performance over time.
• Provide technology team analysis of server and client application performance increases or decreases.
• Provide analysis to systems, database and network teams to help quantify capacity needs; identify performance risk areas.
• Act as a performance consultant to the technology and development teams.
• Perform other duties as required.
• 5+ years of experience in software testing multi-tier client/server applications with the last 2-3 years performing stress, load, scalability testing.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify performance issues in web applications.
• Must be proficient in WebLOAD, HP Loadrunner, and other load testing tools.
• Knowledgeable in automated application testing, application performance testing concepts, automation test case creation and mobile automation framework.
• Experience in full lifecycle development in large projects with an understanding of Unit, System Integration, Functional, and Performance testing and the tools utilized
• Proficient with and good knowledge of the following:
o JBoss / Tomcat
o RDBMS concepts, SQL, MySQL, Oracle, and/or SQL Server
o Advanced networking concepts: TCP/IP, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively convey issues and recommendations to the technology team.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team based environment.
• Position requires a BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics or combination of equivalent education/experience
Desired salary range:
|90 - 100 USD
Email Job to Yourself or Refer This Job »
Contact Company »